How DARE are you?
DARE as an English word means having or taking the courage. Using this in an eponymous manner, we have chosen it as the acronym to represent Dream, Action, Reflection and Evaluation. This Scheme will encourage our students and alumni to dream their dreams, then take the courage to realise a chosen one through action, reflection and evaluation. Participants are expected to embrace their own limitations and in the process, transcend above such by transforming their dreams into action with feasible and practical planning and preparation. Hopefully before the end, our students and alumni shall become insightful leaders with enlightening experiences.
Aims of DARE
- Facilitate students to break through their limitations
- Equip participants with project management skills
- Enable students to recognize and develop their potentials
- Reflect on personal growth, values and goals
- Nurture participants with entrepreneurial mindset/ spirit
- Full-time undergraduate students or alumni of Lee Woo Sing College
- Individual or a group of no more than 8 persons
- A group mixed of current students and alumni will be an advantage
Interested participants, who are students and alumni of Lee Woo Sing College, shall be encouraged to design, organize and execute a challenge that will help them to achieve a realizable dream goal. In principle, there is no scope limit for this kind of programs. However we expect that the content and scope should demonstrate their leadership and the ultimate purpose of their dream, from personal development to community service, from art and culture to business entrepreneurship. For instance, we can see potential success cases such as initiating a personal art exhibition to advocate a particular cause, conducting a community research or developing a computer application for the benefit of a minority group, or hosting a celebrity talk to address certain appeal for a chosen audience. Subject to stringent evaluation by the selection panel, the College will provide financial and other necessary support to successful candidates, at the maximum of $50,000 per project.
Step 2: Complete the DARE application form (downloadable at HERE)
Step 3: Submit your proposal and contact information at HERE
Step 4: Attend Pitching Workshop on 27 March 2024
Step 5: Don’t forget the Pitching Seminar on 20 April 2024
Deadline of Proposal Submission: 18 March 2024 (Monday)
Subsidy and Requirement
- Each project will receive subsidy at the max. of HK$50,000.
- Awarded individual or group will receive the subsidy according to the following timetable.
1st instalment of funding:
The completion of a workshop on project and financial management
2nd instalment of funding:
Submission of progress reports which are endorsed by the Student Life and Development Committee
3rd instalment of funding:
On reimbursement basis, submission of all reports and reflection journals which are endorsed by the Student Life and Development Committee
- Upon completion, awarded individual or group should submit report, financial report, video clip and original receipts within one month.
- Awarded individual or group have to share their experience in college activities
- The remaining subsidy will be given to awarded student or group on reimbursement basis.