The College provides a full range of scholarships and bursaries to award students with outstanding performance (there are special scholarships for students studying in Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Arts, Department of Chinese Language and Literature, Department of Translation and The Jockey Club School of Public Health and Primary Care) and support students with financial difficulties.
The LEE’s family from Dr. LEE Woo Sing, College Patron of our College, generously donated HK$200,000 to the College for the establishment of admission scholarships and non-admission scholarships with effect from the academic year 2017/18. HK$50,000 from the new donation is allocated for the establishment of Victoria Lee Admission Scholarship to support newly admitted local students. Regulations governing the award of the scholarships are detailed below,
Number and Value
Each recipient will be awarded HK$10,000. There will be 5 awards of scholarships with total amount of HK$50,000 each year.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, candidates should:
This award was donated by ECA Education with effect from academic year 2019-2020. It aims to give recognition to student athletes who have demonstrated outstanding achievements in sports and to provide financial support to their studies at the University whilst excelling in their specialized sports.
Regulations governing the award of the scholarship are detailed below:
Name of the Award
The Award will be named “ECA Education Outstanding Athlete Admission Scholarship”and in Chinese 「ECA Education傑出運動員入學獎學金」.
Number and Value of Scholarship
There will be 2 awards of HK$12,500 each.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates should
Be a local full-time Year 1 undergraduate student;
Choose Lee Woo Sing College to be the first choice in College affiliation;
Have obtained outstanding achievements in territory-wide level or international sport events
Have sport talent that can contribute to the College sport team or sport activities
The Award is open for application or the College may nominate suitable candidates based on the above selection criteria;
All applications and nominations will be sent to the Scholarships and Bursaries Committee of the College for consideration and nomination;
The award recipients must attend award presentation ceremony or they will lose the eligibility for the award;
The award recipients may be required to meet with the donor to share their learning experiences at CUHK; and,
The Award will be administered by the College Office of Lee Woo Sing College in accordance with the above regulations.
Dr. Ti-Hua KOO and Mrs. Dorothy KOO has set up an admission scholarship to give recognition to undergraduates who have demonstrated achievements or talent in non-academic areas. Regulations governing the award of the scholarship are detailed below.
1. Name of the Award
The Scholarship will be named “Ti Hua KOO and Dorothy VEE KOO Outstanding Talent Admission Scholarship” and in Chinese 「顧鐵華費肇芬伉儷傑出才藝入學獎學金」
2. Number and Value of Scholarship
There will be four non-renewable scholarships, covering the first year half tuition fee (HK$21,050), to be awarded each year. It will be launched form 2021/22 until 2024/25.
3. Selection Criteria
To be eligible for the Scholarship, candidates should
– Be a full-time Year 1 undergraduate student from the Mainland, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau;
– Choose Lee Woo Sing College to be the first choice in College affiliation; and
– Demonstrated outstanding performance or received recognized award in any special talents in the following areas:
a) Chinese opera, music, dance and performing arts;
b) Culture, painting, calligraphy and visual arts;
c) Sports, games and physical education skills; and
d) Science and technology innovation
4. Administrative Procedures
– The Scholarship is open for application or the College may nominate suitable candidates based on the above selection criteria;
– All applications and nominations will be sent to the Scholarships and Bursaries Committee of the College for consideration;
– The recipients have to introduce his/her special talent to college students via college events/ assemblies;
– The scholarship recipients may be required to meet with the donor to share their learning experiences at CUHK;
– The scholarship recipients must attend the scholarship presentation ceremony, unless under some unforeseeable or uncontrollable circumstances approved by the College, or else the scholarship will be given to the first alternate; and
– The Scholarship will be administered by the College Office of Lee Woo Sing College in accordance with the above regulations.