Lee Woo Sing College is inviting interested full-time University staff and postgraduate students to join the College as Hostel Tutors in the academic year 2023/24.
- Full-time degree-holding CUHK staff/ full-time postgraduate students in the academic year of 2023/24 in CUHK;
- Excellent spoken English and Cantonese (Fluency in spoken Mandarin is an advantage);
- Empathetic and passionate about student growth and development;
- Good at organizing extra-curricular activities and good at interpersonal communication skills;
- Mature, responsible and energetic;
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in student hostel operation, organization of hostel activities, handling disciplinary incidents, peer/ professional counselling, study/career guidance, event planning and first-aid skills preferred;
- Completed any counselling workshop offered by University departments or other comparable programmes recognized by the College. Otherwise, candidates will have to take one after enlistment.
The Hostel Tutors shall report to the Wardens and Senior Hostel Tutor and discharge the following duties:
- Be on duty at the hostel according to a roster schedule, including weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Directly report to the Senior Hostel Tutor and the Wardens for any hostel-related issues;
- Provide guidance and support to students in organizing hostel activities to enhance communication and cooperation among students from various cultural backgrounds;
- Be responsible for at least one year-round hostel campaign, such as mental health and green living programmes as assigned by the Wardens;
- Provide counselling and guidance to students;
- Provide emergency assistance to students when necessary;
- Monitor students’ usage of hostel facilities and recommend improvement measures;
- Provide support to the College General Education courses;
- Be on duty at Information Counter during adverse weather or situations deemed appropriate by Wardens; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Hostel Tutor and the Wardens.
Important Points to Note:
- Volunteers will be nominated as (Senior) Hostel Tutors. This is not employment either on a full-time or part-time basis and is not regarded as concurrent employment with CUHK. There will not be any allowance/remuneration or any other employee benefits for the provision of this volunteer service.
- The Hostel Tutors will serve the College from 1 Aug 2023 to 31 Jul 2024. The service is renewable subject to mutual agreement and good performance.
- Hostel Tutors will be provided with free accommodation (en-suite tutor’s quarters) on the College campus during the service period.
Interested parties please submit the online application form (https://cloud.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/webform/view.php?id=13666440). The application deadline is on 24 Apr 2023 (11:59 pm). Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a selection interview in three weeks’ time following the application deadline.
For inquiries, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 3943 1504.